Friday, November 9, 2012

Goodness!!


This is the day that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it! God is so good! Today, I’m reminded of His goodness and His love for me.  It’s refreshing to know that I can find refuge in the shadow of His wings.  No matter what this life brings, I rest in His arms! His grace is sufficient for me. 

How often do you praise Him for ALL He is? I’ve found that coming to Him and offering praises and thanksgiving to Him is the best way to start my prayers and my day! Whether my heart is overflowing with happiness or downcast with discouragement, giving praise to my King and proclaiming His goodness and ALL He is gets the joy flowing! Friends, He is everything we need!

I’ve gotten into a routine when taking my kids to school.  It’s something I’ve done every day since my oldest first started preschool.  On the way to school, as we get to the last 5 minutes of the ride, I turn off the radio.  We all say together Psalm 118:24, “this is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” And we usually say this prayer from Psalm 90:14, “satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.” I love how His word reminds us that God is in control of the day and that because of His love, we have joy and gladness! So after proclaiming these verses, I pray for the kids and for their day.  It has become such a part of our routine that if I get carried away singing worship music in the truck on the way and forget to turn it off at the certain point in our ride, they will remind me that we need to pray now.  That melts my heart. 

Well, just this year when taking my three year old to preschool, after we finish praying I’ve started singing a sweet song that I know he likes to sing.  It’s the simple chorus … I’m sure you’ve heard it, “God is so good.  God is so good.  God is so good.  He’s so good to me.”  Ty loves it so much that some mornings he’ll start singing it on his own and tell me to sing with him.  We’ll finish it, and he tells me to sing it again.  We just keep singing it over and over until we’re at school.  

Just a simple tune proclaims a deep truth: God is so good to us!! He IS good! He is good all the time.  No matter our circumstances.  No matter our struggles.  No matter our sicknesses.  No matter our finances.  No matter our persecutions.  No matter our weaknesses.  No matter our condition.  No matter our worries or fears.   No matter WHAT! Our God is good.  Another song proclaiming His goodness:

You are good.  You are holy.  You are worthy of all praise.  Mighty God.  Wonderful Counselor.  Blessed be Your Sovereign Name.  We see Your Glory.  We rest in Your splendor.  Most High Renown. (lyrics from my song, “Most High Renown”)

And because of God's goodness, I am going to trust Him no matter what.  No matter what the cultural, social or political landscape may be, I choose to trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding (Prov. 3:5).  I have such a sweet peace.  I know He is in complete control.  I know how incredibly blessed I am to be a child of the Most High! And I am genuinely FIRED UP! I am excited to see what He has in store for the future.  Knowing that I’m His, I can just rest in His arms (like I’ve already said) and hang on for the ride.  My prayer is that He’ll prepare us for what’s in store.  May He prepare our hearts for His ministry and may we walk in full obedience as HE leads.  Be blessed and encouraged this day as you reflect on His goodness and His unfailing love for each of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment