Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My first-ever blog entry


Hi y’all.  My husband encouraged me to write a blog (as I feel inspired) to keep people informed about things going on in my life.  It’s not all about the music! Of course you hear a lot from me about my love for music and worship ministry.  Christ has given me a passion for Him that I express through worship in song.  But He is involved in my daily life and speaking to me in lots of ways, not just music.  This blog is a way to express and share in addition to the music. 

This first entry is an introduction of sorts.  You’ll quickly see that besides Christ, my family means the world to me! It seems fitting to introduce you to them and let you in on their stories, since you’ll hear me talk about them often.  So let’s meet my husband and my four children (three boys and one girl).

My husband’s name is James, and he and I have been together for 15 years and married for 9 of those years.  I married my best friend and love of my life.  It’s crazy how fast the time flies! He's truly a treasure.  He is a godly man who loves the Lord first and most and then loves me with all of his heart.  I know he would do anything for me.  We have a very neat and special story of how we met and fell in love that I may get around to sharing at some point. 

About my kids:
I have a five-month-old baby girl, who is the crown jewel of our little family of six! I have a whole story behind finding out she was a girl! I won’t give all those details now, but you can imagine that after three boys, we were delighted to hear that she was in fact a ‘she!’ She’s a perfect little princess, full of glowing smiles and expressions.  I can already tell she’s going to be one of my best friends because she loves my attention.  It’s not good enough to be holding her.  She wants to be turned toward me, looking at my face and being talked to.  She already puts her little hands around my neck and pulls me in to her so she can give me big kisses and squeals in excitement when she’s near me.  Oh, I’m in love!! Knowing this is my last baby, I’m trying to really soak in every moment of every precious stage with her. 

And my three year old!! He is a bundle of wild energy.  He has a sweet, tender heart and a certain zeal for life.  He’s strong, fearless, and oh so curious!  More on the fearless part … we call him our little monkey because he’s always climbing and jumping off of whatever he can find.  The thrill of adventure is apparent! He’s the one who we have to constantly say, “don’t run! Walk, buddy.”  He also asks lots of questions all day long and touches everything in sight!  He has fun and enjoys every minute.  But his curiosity and energy definitely get him into trouble at times!

My seven year old is very bright, smart, witty, bold and a definite leader.  He and my three year old share a lot of the same characteristics.  He was also a very curious toddler, full of energy and life! He’s very outgoing and social, never meeting a stranger.  He enjoys reciting scripture for people.  At four years old, he was already on stage in front of the church saying his favorite bible passages from memory.  He says he wants to be a messenger of God when he grows up.  We tell him he already is!

And my five year old … he is a character.  He was a more calm and laid back baby, but in keeping up with his older brother, he has definitely come out of his shell and amped up the energy level! He adores all of his siblings, especially his big brother and wants to be like him. He loves to sing.  He says he wants to be a messenger of God that sings.  This makes my heart smile.  He loves animals and nature, especially bugs! He has a compassionate heart, full of love and care for those special to him.  He’s always asking about people’s knowledge of God.  He’ll say, “Momma, does that lady know about God? Does she know Jesus?” And he gets a little agitated if a song isn’t about or for God!

I’m also very close to my other family members.  You’ll hear (or read) about them too along the way.  They’re so woven into my life and heartstrings. 

Relationships are far more valuable than any thing I’ll ever possess.  I cherish all of those God has put in my life.  We can’t take our ‘things’ with us when we leave this earth, but those spiritual connections will live on through eternity! I’m a richly blessed girl, and I give all the glory to the Lord. 




No comments:

Post a Comment