Monday, May 6, 2013

Long time, no post!

Hi guys! Wow! It's been so long since I've posted! I'm so sorry I went so long without blogging.  In March, my family and I moved to a new house, and it took over a month before we had internet service again! Crazy, huh? And after the holidays leading up to March, we were in preparation and moving mode.  I have still been journaling, but I just couldn't seem to find a moment to sit down and post online.  It feels so good to get back at it! I hope and pray you are all well and still growing in your walk with Christ.

A lot has happened in my life lately.  We did move.  We love our new house.  It's definitely more spacious for our family of six.  A few people have commented that we probably just don't know what to do with all the space ... but we're figuring it out pretty quickly.  :) With three boys and an almost walking baby girl, the extra space is surely a blessing! It's also nice that my husband has a bonafide office now.  As he works from home often and is getting a new business launched, he is very thankful for a mostly quiet room where he can set up shop.

My sweet baby girl had her one year old birthday this past weekend! She's growing too fast! It's bittersweet.  I enjoy seeing her grow and witnessing her personality take shape.  She's so beautiful, inside and out, already! But it also makes me a little sad that she's outgrowing all of her baby clothes and growing out of the baby stages.  I know every mom has similar thoughts watching their babies turn into toddlers.

So those are just a couple of the events that have taken place in my personal life over the past few months.  Don't you love how firm and secure our heavenly Father is? No matter what circumstances take place in our lives, He is always the same. Yesterday, today and forever! He is constant.  That is such a comforting thought.  We can always come to the Father, amid our sometimes hectic lives, and find peace and rest because He's always there and always the same.

As I was reading the Word this morning, I always pull up my YouVersion bible app on my phone for reference of different translations.  I enjoy reading the daily verse that pops up.  Today, it was a verse from Colossians.  I usually go to the entire chapter to read the context.  Well, some verses from that chapter got me excited today ...

Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand.  Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.  For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God.  And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory. (Colossians 3:1-4 NLT)


Good stuff, huh? Really, the whole chapter is awesome.  I just didn't want to paste the whole thing to this post.  God is reminding me today how it's so easy to become engulfed and distracted with the things of this world. There's much noise around us. That noise tries to get in our heads, much like a nagging song that you hear in the morning and cannot seem to get out of your head. It stays with you all day long. Any quiet moment, and you find yourself humming the tune. And it gets on your nerves every time! So you wish you had never heard the song at all. 

The world in which we live is a lot like that song. When we listen and think about the things of the world, fear, doubt, worry, anger, insecurity, and many other sorts of evil temptations seep into our minds and then our spirits. I believe that's why we are reminded in Colossians to "think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth." We are now living in Christ, not our flesh. He wants to be victorious in our daily lives. He IS victorious! I want to give Him the reigns to my life daily so that He's victorious through me.  I believe we must choose this day whom we will serve! I pray that I whole-heartedly serve my Savior today. 

Lord, by the power of your Holy Spirit, I set aside the thoughts of this world. I lay it all at your feet. Let my life be hidden in You. I desire to be pleasing to you and to be effective in your kingdom today. Lord, help me to think on good things, heavenly things. Guard my heart against evil. Receive ALL glory today, Father. In Jesus' name, Amen!

That's my prayer for you as well! I hope you have a victorious day in Christ! Like my good friend, Katie, says: "Go with God"!

No comments:

Post a Comment